Thursday, March 17, 2005

You got to get yourself together

... you got stuck in the 80's, and you can't get out of it


The meaning of the song In the Air Tonight has been debated endlessly on internet newsgroups. An urban legend that made the rounds was that this song was about Phil witnessing the drowning of a man who raped his wife. Not true. But wouldnt it be great if you could sing this song to someone... and mean it? There's an old Sicilian proverb, Revenge is a dish that's best served cold. Poppycock. Revenge is a dish best served piping hot, straight out of the oven.

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord
I've been waiting for this moment, all my life, Oh Lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord, Oh Lord

Well, if you told me you were drowning
I would not lend a hand
I've seen your face before my friend
But I don't know if you know who I am
Well, I was there and I saw what you did
I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off the grin, I know where you've been
It's all been a pack of lies

And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord
I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, Oh Lord
I can feel it in the air tonight, Oh Lord, Oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment all my life, Oh Lord, Oh Lord

Well I remember, I remember don't worry
How could I ever forget, it's the first time, the last time we ever met
But I know the reason why you keep your silence up, no you don't fool me
The hurt doesn't show; but the pain still grows
It's no stranger to you or me

And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord...


Naaaah. Im just joshing. The best way to deal with whoever ails you is to...
forgive...


yourself...


for having associated yourself with that slimeball. Nyahahahaa.

Just playin'. Seriously.. Own up to your part in it. Take responsibility for your actions. Forgive.

2 comments:

grifter said...

what's with the lyric posting? next thing you know delphi's gonna post his favorite songs too - Eddie Murphy's "Party All The Time" and Don Johnson's "Heartbeat". nyhahahahahahaha!

Tintin said...

grifter started the trend. i will consider posting lyrics too, to represent the mood i'm in. wahahaha.